Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans

A Home for Fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy Novels, Movies & Games

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your favorite animated movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Myst
Myst

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-13

What is your favorite animated movie? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 12:08 am

I don't have just one favorite, so i'll just list a few in no particular order..

Finding Nemo
The animation in this movie is stunning and unlike other 'silly' Pixar films, such as Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Cars, this one has more emotion and heart to it. The background music is also spectacular.

Aladdin
Hilarious film with some beautiful 2D animation. The songs are all excellent, and Robin Williams as the Genie is one of the funniest cartoon characters ever.

The Iron Giant
Originally, I thought this movie was going to be a dumb movie for 2nd Graders, but was pleasantly suprised. Next to Family Dog, I consider this to be Brad Bird's greatest work. Very funny, emotional, and some great animation.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

Number of posts : 572
Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 10:12 pm

Call me old fashioned but hey I like All Dogs go to Heaven.

while I will agree with Pixar's silliness they did produce several excellent movies once Disney took them over or at least once they partnered, I just can't remember the movie name but the gist of it was the forest animals awaken after their winter slumber to find their woods reduced by urban development. One scene in particular that I remember with relish as it reminds me of my brother Rottweiler is when the forest creature are trying to sneak into a back yard and they hit a toy the dog (a Rottweiler) comes out of his doghouse sayign"Play? Play, play? Play, play, play...." I thought that movie hilarious and well done.
Back to top Go down
https://sci-fi-fantasyfan.forumotion.com
Myst
Myst

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2009, 6:14 pm

Haha I remember that part. The movie you are thinking of is Over the Hedge, and actually that was a Dreamworks movie, not Pixar.

I remember All Dogs go to Heaven. I rented it when I was little. I didn't like it much becuase I thought it was too sad.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2009, 10:10 pm

Over the Hedge..., I seriously thought it a Pixar film. Didn't Pixar do a similar type movie though? perhaps Antz? I didn't see that movie at all. I meant to go but then several people that I know said it was nothing like how the commercials (previews) made it seem to be so I didn't go.
Back to top Go down
Myst
Myst

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2009, 10:18 pm

Nope, Dreamworks did Antz, Pixar did A Bug's Life.

And a good thing you didn't see Antz. I've seen it, and It was TERRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2009, 10:40 pm

Ahh, that was the movie that I was thinking about. Starship Troopers had an animated movie out. don't know who made it but the characters did look very real. I think that it was the pilot to the cartoon series that didn't last very long at least in the area that I lived in. The movie was also out on DVD which was how I found it. Though it was a sequel to the original movie because the jacket cover showed what looked like real characters through a foggy dim light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite animated movie?   What is your favorite animated movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite animated movie?
Page 1 of 1