Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans

A Home for Fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy Novels, Movies & Games

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you currently reading?

Go down 
+2
Viviane
Vik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vik
Druid
Vik

Number of posts : 572
Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."
Registration date : 2008-06-09

What are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 10:21 pm

Tell us what your currently reading and, NO...School Text books don't count even if they're scientific in nature.

Me myself, I'm currently in the re-read phase of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time which is a 12 book epic adventure of three friends from a very small and remote village and are destined to defeat the Dark Lord and protect the world as they know it from ruin.

Yeah, I know. It sounds like every other epic novel out there but this book, this story, has sustance like no other except for maybe J.R.R. Tolkien.

Last edited by Vik on Sat 22 Nov 2008, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sci-fi-fantasyfan.forumotion.com
Viviane
Bug Crusher
Viviane

Female Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 3:23 pm

Actually sounds really good. I should give it a try, I wonder if I can get my hand in one of those down here in Brazil.

Sadly I am not reading anything at the moment... but I will get a few books to read today.

Eldest is top of the list, I canīt put it off any longer... lol And I am also getting a couple of Shakespeare books, I want to read ALL of them, itīs mys next mission!
Back to top Go down
Colonel Link
Ard Rhys (High Druid)
Colonel Link

Male Number of posts : 65
Humor : .............I'm funny?
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 5:01 pm

I'm trying to go through the High Druid of Shannara series again. Luckily, it's more enjoyable this time through. Still my least favorite though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guide2games.org
Aunna

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 7:11 pm

I recently read Brisngr, which turned out to be the best one written thus far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aunnahpfz
Viviane
Bug Crusher
Viviane

Female Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 7:27 pm

^ Really?? I need to get Eldest over with with urgency!!!
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 7:40 pm

I'm holding out for the CD Audio Book. Position number two in the Queue!! yea me!!
Back to top Go down
Hannah

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008, 11:29 pm

Aunna wrote:
I recently read Brisngr, which turned out to be the best one written thus far.
I have to read that too, but it's so long; it's like another Harry Potter book. I'm kind of scared to tackle it haha. I hope they all live in the end.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Link
Ard Rhys (High Druid)
Colonel Link

Male Number of posts : 65
Humor : .............I'm funny?
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 5:00 pm

Really? I didnīt like Brisingr much at all. Eldest is my favorite by far. Brisingr was just so...bla.
Oh, I finished High Druid of Shannara (skipped tanequil since I couldnīt find it). Must say, I liked it a whole lot better the second time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guide2games.org
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 6:08 pm

I'm listening to Brisingr right now and I find it to be better written than the others but also not quite the best of the three stories.

Tanequil was a very difficult read. Terry Brooks just didn't capture my attention the way he did with the others. What I'd like to do is re-read them all beginning with The Word/Void Trilogy which is set in today's time frame. Brooks says that this series is the ultimate prequel to the Shannara series. I think it'd be interesting to see how he built the story up to the original series.
Back to top Go down
akw4572
Fly Swatter

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 12:47 pm

On the second book in the Honor Harrington series. Has anyone read "A Song of Fire and Ice" by George RR Martin? It's my favorite series of all time. Maybe I can get a Forum here opened......... Laughing ?
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 11:21 pm

No, I can't say that I've heard of the book myself though the title is tickling something in the back of my mind.

And, please feel absolutely free to start a Topic for "A Song of Fire and Ice." Get a few of your friends involved and hey, you may log on one day and find a forum created for it.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009, 6:44 pm

I'm currently taking a break from the Honor Harrington series (will be reading War of Honor soon) and am now reading an old classic Kavik the Wolf Dog. It's a short read be done with it today, started late last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans :: Book Talk :: Book Talk-
Jump to: