Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-Fi-Fantasy Fans

A Home for Fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy Novels, Movies & Games

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vik
Druid
Vik

Number of posts : 572
Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Empty
PostSubject: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 7:07 pm

Peter Jackson has humbly and graciously accepted the role of directing yet another attempt at creating The Hobbit into some sort of substantial movie. If any of your can remember the first two attempts the one by Ralph Bakshi being the most notable for nearly completing the movie..., alas, we're wandering off the track here by the merest of notions to rant about the previous attempts.

Peter began this project a while back and in keeping with his love for Tolkien he again attempts to make a 10 hour movie (yes there is a God) however, he also realizes that one just cannot put everyword and nuance from the book onto the screen so,... here we go a two parter being released simultaneously. Out of movie one and into movie two. Cool huh?
Back to top Go down
https://sci-fi-fantasyfan.forumotion.com
Storm
Fly Swatter
Storm

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009, 1:30 am

Peter Jackson was scheduled to do it before but the company was suing him and he refused to make it unless they dropped the suit.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

Humor : "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house."

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 7:22 pm

Actually it's a well known ... Guillermo del Toro that will be directing the film which is now scheduled for a 2012 release date. Peter Jackson is writing the screen play for the movie. But anyway it is a Peter Jaqckson thing going on here and it was he who first stepped up to the plate so to speak to launch the renewal of this long and forgotten prelude to Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Fly Swatter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 2:58 pm

Oh well. I was just repeating what Jackson said on the DVD set of the LotR. But that was quite a while ago. Or at least I think that's where I saw that interview. I'll have to get my set out and see.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009, 6:33 pm

I remember what you're pointing out and that's what makes this interesting. He won't be directing or producing as was the original intention, but writing the screenplay. This isn't really news as the info is about a year old already. I just happen to do some follow-up on the movie when I noticed that Jackson is still being associated with the movie just not in the capacity that he was originally approached with.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Fly Swatter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 8:26 am

I wonder if the law suit was dropped then? Or if this is the way of getting around that statement while both parties save face. At least if he's writing it there's a chance it will remain true to the book. He did a decent job with LotR.
Back to top Go down
Vik
Druid
Vik

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 6:17 pm

I dunno, but as long a Jackson is at least writing the movie we know it's not going to go out into left field somewhere and it'll be as true to the book as possible minus of course a few truly un-needed scenes....NEW TOPIC ALERT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie   Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Stab at a Hobbit Movie
Page 1 of 1